This press release is brought to you by Doom Patrol superfan and staff writer, Michael Worthan. (Note: While GeekNerdNet rarely posts anything about the "Big Two," we simply couldn't say no to Michael. I mean, he begged us to publish this. Okay, he didn't. He just super intimidated us. Okay, that's not true either. He's awesome. Check out the goods on Doom Patrol below.)
Once relegated to the C List of DC Comics, and only brought out on rare occasions, Doom Patrol will now find new life in 2019 on the DC Universe Digital Service. Yes, the digital service that is bringing you a live action Titans, the third season of Young Justice, and much more will be bringing us a new look at an old favorite DOOM PATROL!
Check out the press release from DC:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DC UNIVERSE DIGITAL SERVICE GREENLIGHTS NEXT ORIGINAL SERIES
Live-Action Drama from Berlanti Production to Debut in 2019
We are pleased to announce today that the upcoming DC Universe digital service has ordered its next original series, the one-hour live-action drama DOOM PATROL, from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver and Sarah Schechter.
DOOM PATROL will begin production this year for a 2019 debut on DC Universe.
- Network: DC Universe digital service, operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks
- Auspices: Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television
- Order: Direct-to-Series Order, 13 Episodes
- Format: One-hour drama
- Executive Producers: Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver, Sarah Schechter
- Written by Jeremy Carver
- Based on DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani
- Logline: DOOM PATROL is a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol's members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. Picking up after the events of TITANS, DOOM PATROL will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.